Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Questions

Post Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:18 pm 

Hmm, I have not played with VirtualBox for a period time. Maybe you should not use 'sudo' to run GA directly. Instead, you may 'sudo su -' first and then run the GA.

For the idle problem. You have two choices:

1. completely disable watchdog by the configuration: add "enable-watchdog = false" in the client config file; or
2. Modify the timeout value in the client source code, as currently it is not exported as a configurable variable. You can modify the value defined by IDLE_MAXIMUM_THRESHOLD (current 3600000, in the unit of microsecond) in the ga-client.cpp.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:56 pm 

I tried sudo as well as sudo su, but both have the same output (see last post). I'm not sure what else to try. :/ I'd like to do a small study using GA and a VM, but I guess the periodic mode won't give me satisfying results. I really appreciate your time and if you still have another idea, please let me know. And thank you very much for the clarification regarding the 'idle checking' feature! :)

Post Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:15 am 

I solved the problem with a small script, telling the root account where to look for the VirtualBox configuration file (description here). Instead of calling VBoxSDL directly, I now call my script through the GA config file. Thus I got the event-driven-mode working - almost. The streaming itself works just fine, but the input of the client is messed up. E.g., I can click with the mouse and it correctly clicks in the server window as well, but I cannot move the cursor. Furthermore, most (nearly all) keyboard keys send wrong commands, as if I would press completely different keys. Chuang, did you came across this problem - maybe in another context? Or could you think of a reason for that misbehavior? Any help would be much appreciated! :)

Post Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:26 am 

I am not sure about the cause.

In GA's implementation, we receive SDL-2.0 events from a GA client, convert it to SDL-1.2 events, and then replay to the hooked (SDL) process. I am not sure if the conversion failed for your VBoxSDL process. Which SDL version does your VBoxSDL work with?

Post Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:45 pm 

Aptitude tells me that VirtualBox depends on libsdl1.2debian (installed is version 1.2.15), no problems, no conflicts. I use VirtualBox 4.3.10_Ubuntu - which version did you use?
To give you an impression of the key mismatch, here a short list showing two keyboard rows and what keystroke is executed on the server (NIL means no visible reaction):
    Code:
    [CAPS]  - n
    a       - NIL
    s       - [DEL]
    d       - NIL
    f       - [BACK]
    g       - 1
    h       - 2
    j       - 4
    k       - 5
    l       - 6
    ;       - NIL
    '       - NIL
    \       - NIL
    [ENTER] - d
    ————————
    [LSHIFT]- NIL
    `       - NIL
    z       - y
    x       - r
    c       - NIL
    v       - w
    b       - NIL
    n       - 8
    m       - 7
    ,       - c
    .       - v
    /       - b

How would you suggest debugging this behavior? Inspecting the server/conversion code? If you have a good hint or another idea, please let me know!

Post Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:13 pm 

Hi hansbrinker,

You may have a look to the below files:
ga/server/event-posix/ga-hook-sdl.cpp: the sdl12_keyinit function maps SDL2.0 keys to SDL1.2 keys
ga/server/event-posix/sdl12-event.h: defines the values for each key

You may check if SDL12Key enum defined in sdl12-event.h matches those values used by your local SDL library.

Chun-Ying

Post Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:19 pm 

Thank you very much for you fast answer! I examined the source code of SDL-1.2.15, VirtualBox and of course of the GA files you mentioned. Unfortunately I found no real contradiction among the files. The keycodes you use (/ga/server/event-posix/sdl12-event.h) are the same as in my SDL-1.2.15 library (/src/events/SDL_keyboard.c and /include/SDL_keysym.h). VirtualBox itself has some translation tables (/src/VBox/Frontends/VBoxSDL/VBoxSDL.cpp), but the values you can find there are existing in the SDL library as well, however in a totally different file (/src/video/os2fslib/SDL_os2fslib.c). I am actually not sure how all of this works together smoothly, but as I found no keycode mismatches as I am experiencing them, I am no step further. Hmm, if you still have another hint or an idea, please let me know! :)

Post Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:42 am 

Apart from keycode problems with VirtualBox, I tried GA with a different emulator, but I get following error:

Code:
hansbrinker@hansbrinker-tower:~/Development/gaminganywhere/bin$ ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/hansbrinker/Development/gaminganywhere/bin/./ga-hook-sdl.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64): ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/hansbrinker/Development/gaminganywhere/bin/./ga-hook-pulse.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64): ignored.
# [11386] 1410201958.002025 ga-hook-pulse loaded!
# [11386] 1410201958.113285 ga-hook-sdl loaded!

The GA server is loading all the config files, but it is not properly started. Any help would be really appreciated!

Post Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:24 am 

I have a requirement for streaming live video from one terminal to multiple other terminals. All the clients should be in sync and no requirement for client to control the video play.

Please suggest how to achieve this.
In the current implementation, looks like each client has its own context created on the server and the encoded video is written to the socket separately in a for loop. This is causing delay in processing captured video as the number of clien..sa[color=#400000]y to about 20 clientts increase s.s.[/color] :lol: :roll: :evil: :oops:

Post Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:59 am 

What the need for better understanding of each other's needs.gclub

Board index » General Questions