We are pleased to announce the release of GamingAnywhere project. The release of GamingAnywhere contains several parts including: the source codes and dependencies, the pre-compiled binaries, the list of supported games, and the configurations for supported games. Please remember that GamingAnywere is still in beta stage, we need your tests and feedbacks to improve the software.
- git access (hosted on github): https://github.com/chunying/gaminganywhere.
- GamingAnywhere source codes and dependencies:
- gaminganywhere-0.8.0-all-in-one [zip|tar.bz2] (released on 2015-01-29)
- gaminganywhere-0.7.5-all-in-one [zip|tar.bz2] (released on 2014-04-03)
- GamingAnywere pre-compiled binaries for Windows x86:
- gaminganywhere-0.8.0-bin.win32.zip (released on 2015-01-29)
- gaminganywhere-0.7.5-bin.win32.zip (released on 2014-04-03)
We compiled the software using Visual C++ 2010. You may also need to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) if your system complains the missing of MSVCP100.DLL or MSVCR100.DLL.
- GamingAnywere pre-compiled binaries for Linux x86 (built on Ubuntu 12.04):
- gaminganywhere-0.8.0-bin.linux32.tar.bz2 (released on 2015-01-29)
- gaminganywhere-0.7.5-bin.linux32.tar.bz2 (released on 2014-04-03)
- Pre-built Android client: GAClient-v22-20150228.apk (alpha version)
- Pre-built dependencies for building android client: multilib (2015-03-22) | original (2014-04-03).
- Change logs (with release plans)
- sha1sum: 4da5fd0d0800e2bb57b4be7d539a647a16f83dec gaminganywhere-0.8.0-all-in-one.tar.bz2 3d8e07b38929b7fcb33ee1989d69c650d0d56dbb gaminganywhere-0.8.0-all-in-one.zip 8ecc2ceae89d79276272c968e08ad7035702ead1 gaminganywhere-0.8.0-bin.linux32.tar.bz2 bbd27415664772a3d22a96ae1362529686e7c3d4 gaminganywhere-0.8.0-bin.win32.zip- md5sum: 65a13f02e17220a2387475a9aa8b29db gaminganywhere-0.8.0-all-in-one.tar.bz2 2f0b8c44175d0d8bb49d9c055d57e928 gaminganywhere-0.8.0-all-in-one.zip 300474689ca5ff1f72b5c7aa57338510 gaminganywhere-0.8.0-bin.linux32.tar.bz2 09de7169bc19d8c8b996dff06c40c65a gaminganywhere-0.8.0-bin.win32.zip
Sample Games and Configurations
We have provided several sample portable free games for you to test with the GamingAnywhere system. The client configuration files are packed with the GamingAnywhere packages. However, you will need different configurations for different games. Please note that you have to place the server configuration files in the 'bin/config' directory because many of them have included system-wide common configuration files.
Game configurations working with the event-driven (hook-mode) server have to specify the path of the game executables. By default, we assume that your games are extracted into "D:\smallgame" directory. In case you have extracted games into a different directory, you have to modify the "game-dir" or the "game-exe" options in the downloaded configuration files. Please note that both parameters should point the game executable to true game executable rather than the loader executable (*Portable.exe) provided by PortableApps.com.
|Game||Type||Mode*||Server Config||Client Config|
|Assault Cube (Win32)||SDL||E||server.assaultcube.conf||client.rel.conf|
|Assault Cube (Linux)||SDL||E||server.assaultcube.conf||client.rel.conf|
* Mode: E = event driven mode, you can launched the installed game using the GA event driven server; P = periodic mode, you have to launch the installed game first and then launch the GA periodic server; E/P = work for both modes.
** This is a proprietary commercial game and therefore we provide only configurations.